Sunday, 26 September 2010

Moyes backs players to improve

David Moyes has expressed his shock at the team's poor start to the season but believes they have the ability to put it right.

A poor run in the Premier League, two points from five games, was compounded in midweek when they were knocked out of the Carling Cup by League One Brentford but Moyes believes they will soon put it right, starting at Fulham on Saturday.
Moyes said: "We started the season with the belief, coming off two defeats in 24 last year, that we would start the season well.
"It didn't happen and that affects your confidence.
"It's disappointing because I didn't expect this. We expected to start better after the good run we had last year.
"We want to do better and nobody cares more than the players, I can see that by their attitude and the way they are training.
"Football pressure is what I do, it is what the players do. It is why we are in the business and we will get on with it."


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment